Monday 23 September 2013

Jewellery construction

I wouldn't claim to have 'made' these bits of jewellery as such... perhaps constructed is a more appropriate word.  As with a lot of things, I go through phases with my jewellery.  There were a couple of necklaces which I used to love at one point but had gradually stopped wearing as I didn't like the length anymore, or the chain had become tarnished etc.  So a quick rummage through my bits 'n' bobs box and I found a couple of unused/ broken chains to swap them with.  The bracelet was shortened from a broken necklace, and made using pieces left over from other jewellery.  Accessorize can be a good place to find broken jewellery quite cheaply. Usually they just need a small pair of pliers or a blob of glue to fix them.  Or you can use the 'bits' to make something totally new!


 


No comments: