Tuesday 27 August 2013

Wedding gifts

One of my good friends got married earlier this summer.  At the time I bought her and her husband some mugs from their wedding list, with the intention of making some things for them as well.  2 months later and I finally got round to giving them what I had made!!
 
I bought some cork coasters from a craft shop and used a black marker, silver pen and acrylic paints to decorate them.  With hindsight, I probably should have varnished them to protect them from liquids and heat.  They still look cute though!


I was inspired by an image I found on Pinterest.

I wanted to make an embroidered collage as well.  As with many of my projects, it didn't quite turn out as I had originally planned, but I think I prefer it this way.  It's simple, but still detailed because it's hand-embroidered.  The focus is on the words.


No comments: